The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (as may be amended from time to time, hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance and our related companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance”, “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purposes of this personal data policy, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act.
Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. The Services are provided by Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance, and this Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance.
1.1. what kind of personal data is being processed;
1.2. the purposes for which the personal data is being or is to be collected and further processed;
1.3. the source of that personal data;
1.4. the persons to whom we disclose or may disclose your personal data;
1.5. where it is obligatory for you to supply the personal data, the consequences to you if you fail to supply the personal data;
1.6. the choices and means that you may limit the processing of your personal data, including personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from that personal data; and
1.7. your right to request access to and to request correction of your personal data and how to contact us with any inquiries or complaints in respect of the personal data.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The personal data collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- contact information – e.g. your name, date of birth, identification number (such as NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality, race, address, contact number, fax number, email address;
- billing information - your credit card information and bank account details;
- the status of the services you have acquired from us or subscribed to – e.g. account number, account balance, account activities, payment history;
- transaction information – e.g. information requested by you from our services, such as status of motor insurance policy
- your personal interests and preferences to help us tailor offerings of our services and products which would suit you best.
If need arises, we will obtain explicit consent from you to process sensitive personal data. We may however process personal data without your consent in limited circumstances as permitted by law.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance your Personal Data, Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance to be unable to engage you to provide services or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information that you provide directly to us when you create or modify your account, fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we may collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Statement.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and version, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Drivers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as an agent or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or agent.
USE OF INFORMATION
Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purpose”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided by Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance:
- to perform the Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with the service you have requested;
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with the Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate your order and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyses our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to process exchanges or product returns.
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice. This list is non-exhaustive and may be amended from time to time by us.
Marketing and promotional purposes:
Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than your home nation or otherwise in the country, state and city in which you are present while using any services provided by Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance (“Alternate Country”), to companies under Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance which are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country and/or where Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance’s servers are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of your home nation or Alternate Country as described herein.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With Agents to enable them to provide the Services that you have requested. For example, we may share your name, contact number, email address, mailing address, NRIC Number, car registration number and motor insurance details;
- With Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- With third parties to provide you a service that you have requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or investment, insurance, takaful and financial services purposes;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who may need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with the applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Direct Marketing Purposes
Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless consent has been obtained from you prior to the sharing of the information.
Cookies and Advertising
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Gratitude Life and Takaful Insurance Attn: Head of Compliance, SML-L09-SP-03-2-2, Menara AIA, Shamelin Business Centre, Jalan 4/91, Taman Shamelin Perkasa, 56100 Kuala Lumpur